THEATRE TRAINING PROGRAMMES
One World Actors Centre offers continual professional development masterclasses to performers, presenters and event organizers who want to update their training.
We believe that our professional training of aspiring young performers vastly improves performance and communication skills as shown by the high marks awarded to our students in UK accredited LAMDA Examinations and their 5-star rating in productions abroad. Our Alumni Continual Professional Development (CPD) offers masterclasses to adult performers and production team members to update their skills.
THE YOUNG ACTORS STUDIO YAS @ TAQA Productions
Each training programme lasts eight weeks and is created by dramatists and educationalists to develop each individual child. We teach through our new One World Theatre OWT of the BOX Theatre & Education programme to develop CONFIDENCE, COMMUNICATION, CREATIVITY and, as our wonderful Mums told us, COURAGE!
- Performances by all children will take place throughout the season with end of term studio presentations for family and friends. In addition, auditions for public theatre performances will take place leading up to One World Actors Centre Productions.
- Each session is conducted by a qualified and experienced adult tutor in the international performance industry.
- Registration is required per programme and for annual UK LAMDA Examinations
- Please note that children will be required to bring items to sessions, dependent upon theme, but electronic gadgets are not allowed
A. Introduction to Performance & LAMDA Performance Examination Training (Introductory & Entry Levels: aged 5-8) SATURDAYS, 11.00-12.30 : One of our favourite classes, which brings the world of children onto the stage. After learning our basic rules, of thea-flex & personal space, our little starlets soon gain confidence to become leaders of their creative groups.
Our first end-of-term studio performance is ‘Snow‘ based on beloved children’s books.
B. One World Youth Theatre (ages 9-14) SATURDAYS,14.00-17.00 By audition only Acting /Movement/Singing. Students must attend YAS Foundation & Intermediate classes in preparation for LAMDA examinations. Regular public performances take place with possible opportunities to perform or train abroad.
Our first open air public production is ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream‘ by William Shakespeare, in November, with One World Actors
C. YAS FOUNDATION (8-11 yrs) & UK accredited LAMDA Performance Examination Training (Level 1: Grades 1-3) SUNDAYS, 16.45-18.15: Fast moving and energizing sessions to develop and fine-tune personal and theatre skills in monologues, dialogues, group-work, improvisation and scripted scenes.
Our first show is the end-of-term creation- Airport 51
D. YAS INTERMEDIATES (12-16 yrs) & UK accredited LAMDA Performance Examination Training (Level 2: Grades 4 & 5) SUNDAYS, 18.30-20.00: Intensive training of theatre theory and practice including the work of dramaturgs and the different styles throughout the history of theatre. Our first show is the end-of-term show creation- The Mirror
E. ACTOR MASTERCLASSES (17+) & UK accredited LAMDA Performance Examination Training in Acting/ Public Speaking & Musical Theatre (Level 3: Grade 6-8/ Bronze-Gold Medal Level) SUNDAYS, 20.00-21.30:
Masterclasses will be:
- led by qualified experts in theatre skills
- cost dependent upon workshop
- advertised on social media or by special invitation
- leading towards accredited UK examinations available in Communication and Performance https://www.lamda.org.uk/examinations
- Concluded by studio directing /acting/theatrecraft demonstrations/performances.