THEATRE TRAINING PROGRAMMES
One World Actors Centre offers continual professional development masterclasses to performers, presenters and event organizers who want to update their training.
We believe that our professional training of aspiring young performers vastly improves performance and communication skills as shown by the high marks awarded to our students in UK accredited LAMDA Examinations and their 5-star rating in productions abroad. Our Alumni Continual Professional Development (CPD) offers masterclasses to adult performers and production team members to update their skills.
YAS THE YOUNG ACTORS STUDIO @ DAI Yarmouk Cultural Centre
Each training programme lasts eight weeks and is created by dramatists and educationalists to develop each individual child. We teach through our new One World Theatre OWT of the BOX Theatre & Education programme to develop CONFIDENCE, COMMUNICATION, CREATIVITY and, as our wonderful Mums told us, COURAGE!
- Performances by all children will take place throughout the season with end of term studio presentations for family and friends. In addition, auditions for public theatre performances will take place leading up to One World Actors Centre Productions.
- Each session is conducted by a qualified and experienced adult tutor in the international performance industry.
- Registration is required per programme and for annual UK LAMDA Examinations
- Please note that children will be required to bring items to sessions, dependent upon theme, but electronic gadgets are not allowed
A. One World Youth Theatre (ages 9-14)
SATURDAYS 10.00-11.30: By audition only
Triple Threat: Acting. Movement. Singing. Students must attend YAS Foundation & Intermediate classes in preparation for LAMDA examinations. Regular public performances take place with possible opportunities to perform or train abroad.
B. YAS FOUNDATION (6-9 yrs) & UK accredited LAMDA Performance Examination Training (Introductory Level & Acting Level 1: Grade 1)
SATURDAYS: 13.00-15.00: Fast moving and energizing sessions to develop and fine-tune personal and theatre skills in monologues, dialogues, group-work, improvisation and scripted scenes.
C. YAS INTERMEDIATES (10-13 yrs) & UK accredited LAMDA Performance Examination Training ( Level 1: Grades 2-3 & Level 2: Grades 4 & 5)
SATURDAYS, 11.30-13.30: Intensive training of theatre practice through physicality. Use of Voice, Body and Mind in a holistic development. Skills are taught in Acting, Speech, Organisation, Teamwork, Creativity, Problem Solving, Intercultural communication, Singing, Performance, Social interaction & Presentation.
D. ACTOR MASTERCLASSES (16+)
UK accredited LAMDA Performance Examination Training in Acting/ Public Speaking & Musical Theatre (Level 3: Grade 6-8/ Bronze-Gold Medal Level)
SATURDAYS: 15.30-17.30: Masterclasses will be
- led by qualified experts in theatre skills
- cost dependent upon workshop
- advertised on social media or by special invitation
- Vocational, UK accredited, externally assessed,examinations https://www.lamda.org.uk/examinations